Dr. Gillard graduated from the University of Minnesota College of Veterinary Medicine in 1971. He has been practicing small animal medicine in Plano since 1977. Dr. Gillard's professional interests are soft tissue surgery, internal medicine, and the human-pet bond.
Dr. Gillard and his wife Kris live in Plano with their two pets Kiki and Chester. They have two children. Their son, James, is in the Navy, and their daughter, Brittany, is currently attending college. Dr. Gillard’s hobbies include amateur astronomy, and photography.
Dr. Gillard is a member of:
• The American Animal Hospital Association
• The American Veterinary Medical Association
• The Texas Veterinary Medical Association
• The Dallas County Veterinary Medical Association
• The Emergency Animal Clinic of Collin County